2017 Chenin Blanc

AlinaTyulyu-SFSailingCo&RevWine-97.jpg
AlinaTyulyu-SFSailingCo&RevWine-97.jpg

2017 Chenin Blanc

19.00

Outside of France’s Loire Valley, the Clarksburg AVA is one of the only locations where the Chenin Blanc grape shows true varietal character. These vineyards thrive in the Sacramento delta’s long hot summer days, nicely moderated by the surrounding mass of water, cool breezes from San Pablo Bay, and regular morning fogs, producing fruit that is consistently brightly acidic as well as full of fruit & mineral characteristics.

Wilson & Sutter Ranch VIneyards came in on successive days. Both were destemmed & pressed to tank for cold settling. Wilson Vineyard was fermented in stainless steel. About 25% of the Sutter Ranch was also stainless fermented, with the remaining 75% fermented in neutral oak. Once dry, the wines were racked off lees immediately.  Sutter Ranch Vineyard Chenin Blanc was put back into neutral oak & malolactic fermentation was initiated. The two lots were then blended together.

The nose starts with Meyer lemon, peach & kaffir lime. There is a note of cream & a slightly chalky minerality as well. In the mouth it is crisp & refreshing, with more tart lemon & white nectarine fruits. Acidity & minerality are present in equal amounts, leaving a tingle on your tongue & throat.

224 cases produced.

 

Quantity:
Add To Cart